Community is Key
Top of the list for prospective buyers is a sustainable community. This is important to 92% of the survey participants when determining where to live. Amenities that matter are:
- Local shops and businesses – 98%
- Green space and parks – 96%
- Walking paths – 92%As well as a sustainable community, the sense of community is extremely important to buyers, (91%). Three-quarters of participants look for a strong link to the area’s history and heritage. 73% of those surveyed value a diverse community.
The Impact of Education
41% of parents with children under 18 years old prioritise living near an Ofsted rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ school in their next home move.
The research shows which features are valued by UK buyers:
- Sustainable features – 95%
- Private outdoor space – 43%
- Energy efficient features or electric car charging – 20%
Spoilt For Choice
It’s interesting to how UK buyers would use a spare room within their new property:
- Creative/Hobby room – 26% (gym, games, bar, crafts, cinema, yoga, meditation)
- Guest bedroom – 22%
- Office – 17%
Are you looking for your next home? Talk to the friendly team at JTM Homes. We’re north London property experts, free from the pressures of national targets. We’re here to help.