Undoubtedly, successful schools affect the property prices around them. In some cases, it becomes cheaper to send a child to local private school rather than pay the premium needed to move near to an excellent state school.
The survey by Confused.com also highlights the tactics involved with ‘cheating the system’:
- 4% falsely claim that a sibling already attends a local school
- 7% feign religious observance
- 9% of parents give a false address that falls within the school’s catchment area
- 16% pay for extra tuition hoping that a high academic standard will secure a place
- 24% consider renting an additional property whilst securing a place at their chosen school
- 27% choose a nursery simply because of the links it has to a good primary school
Would you like to know how this trend affects the North London property market?
Talk to the friendly team at JTM Homes. We can offer expert advice about local schools and their effect upon house prices in their catchment areas.